Click on any of the headings along the top of the screen or links in the text below to find out more about Canada’s 16th UNESCO Biosphere!
- 2 upcoming events in October, as part of the Celtic Colours International Festival:
- Citizen Based Monitoring: Bras d’Or Watch 2016 is in the history books! Looks like another great year! Click on the Bras d’Or Watch poster for all the news!
- NEWS …2 new Biosphere regions in Canada! Check out the new map!
- Canadian Biosphere Reserves reach out to the Federal government – Read the letter to Minister McKenna HERE.
- We are now a Registered Charity with the Canada Revenue Agency. Now your donation helps our volunteers carry out a wide range of projects and gives you a tax receipt for donating to a charity!
- Read our SPRING_2016_UPDATE of activities.
- Walking Trail around the Biosphere: Click on the Walking Trail logo to get the latest information!
- Click this link to view a new video from UNESCO that helps explain what Biosphere Reserves are all about. The first line of dialogue is important to appreciate…”Biosphere reserves are not about nature conservation – they are about people.”
- Biosphere Atlas – updated! Check out the Biosphere Atlas by clicking on the map below or the image of Cape Breton over there – on the right side of this screen! The Atlas has recently been updated with more information about people and places in the Bras d’Or Biosphere. Make sure you let is know [at email@example.com] if you want to add anything!
Have you seen any exciting sites or trails within the Biosphere? Grab your GPS and Click this link to add your own information.