Click on any of the headings along the top of the screen or links in the text below to find out more about Canada’s 16th UNESCO Biosphere!
- Biosphere Highlights – the BLBRA Newsletter has been launched!
- Come “Hike the Hill” on Thursday October 12th! Catch the Natural Beauty of this environment!
- Bras d’Or Watch 2017 is in the books!! Click HERE for more details of where, when and what happened! Come out to learn more:
- Outdoor Education in the Biosphere! Check out the article on the 20 hectare classroom by Kathy Snow and Annamarie Hatcher in the Green Teacher!
- MAB 2017 Youth Forum – get involved! Apply early, the Man and the Biosphere (MAB) Youth Forum in Italy will be this Fall!
- Are you asking…”What is a biosphere reserve?” Well it’s Nature AND People working together – a short video.
- Striking Balance (Season One) is a documentary series about 8 of Canada’s Biosphere regions – including the Bras d’Or Lake Biosphere Reserve. You can buy a copy of Season One at Video Sales. DVDs are $30 + S.&H. and Blu-ray discs are $35 + S.&H.
- Citizen Based Monitoring: Bras d’Or Watch 2016 is in the history books! It was another great year! Click on the Bras d’Or Watch poster for more information!
- NEWS …2 new Biosphere regions in Canada! Check out the new map!
- Canadian Biosphere Reserves reach out to the Federal government – Read the letter to Minister McKenna .
- Environment and Climate Change Canada is providing a web-based access to “Indicators supporting the Federal Sustainable Development Strategy”
- We are now a Registered Charity with the Canada Revenue Agency. Now your donation helps our volunteers carry out a wide range of projects and gives you a tax receipt for donating to a charity!
- A tribute to Dr. Fred Roots
- Biosphere Reserves as Learning Sites for Canadians
- Biosphere Reserves in a nutshell
- A new video from UNESCO that helps explain what Biosphere Reserves are all about. The first line of dialogue is important to appreciate…”Biosphere reserves are not about nature conservation – they are about people.”
- Walking Trail around the Biosphere: Click on the Walking Trail logo to get the latest information!
- Biosphere Atlas – updated! Check out the Biosphere Atlas by clicking HERE or the image of Cape Breton over there – on the right side of this screen! The Atlas has recently been updated with more information about people and places in the Bras d’Or Biosphere. Make sure you let is know [at firstname.lastname@example.org] if you want to add anything!