- Increases national and international recognition of our communities as a good place to live, work and visit.
- Our high profile as a tourist destination will increase.
- Promotes economic development in a sustainable way.
- Gives government and non-government organizations more power (leverage) to request funding and implement pilot projects for rural and economic development and other areas of interest.
- Helps to assure the ecological and economic sustainability of our region.
- Provides additional support to the many groups already working hard to preserve this unique ecosystem
- Helps First Nations to better address cultural, social and development issues for their people.
- Encourages increased infrastructure for research, monitoring, educational activities.
- Gains access to information, expertise and support through national and international networks.
The boundary of the proposed biosphere reserve defines the watershed for the Bras d’Or Lake. It is a line that joins the high points of land all around the Lake. If rain falls inside the line, it runs toward the … Continue reading
Biosphere reserves have three major functions: conservation, sustainable economies, and capacity building through education and research. Conservation of countrysides, ecosystems, species, and genetic variation. Sustainable Economies – that are socially, culturally, economically and ecologically sustainable. Logistic support/Capacity building for research, monitoring, education, … Continue reading
Increases national and international recognition of our communities as a good place to live, work and visit. Our high profile as a tourist destination will increase. Promotes economic development in a sustainable way. Gives government and non-government organizations more power … Continue reading