- Increases national and international recognition of our communities as a good place to live, work and visit.
- Our high profile as a tourist destination will increase.
- Promotes economic development in a sustainable way.
- Gives government and non-government organizations more power (leverage) to request funding and implement pilot projects for rural and economic development and other areas of interest.
- Helps to assure the ecological and economic sustainability of our region.
- Provides additional support to the many groups already working hard to preserve this unique ecosystem
- Helps First Nations to better address cultural, social and development issues for their people.
- Encourages increased infrastructure for research, monitoring, educational activities.
- Gains access to information, expertise and support through national and international networks.
It is NOT a new level of bureaucracy It is NOT a World Heritage Site It does NOT create any new regulations It does NOT restrict the rights of citizens- aboriginal or non-aboriginal It does NOT create new protected areas
Increases national and international recognition of our communities as a good place to live, work and visit. Our high profile as a tourist destination will increase. Promotes economic development in a sustainable way. Gives government and non-government organizations more power … Continue reading
We are volunteers who have worked to have the Bras d’Or Lake and its watershed designated as a UNESCO Man and the Biosphere Reserve. We now oversee the activities of the Biosphere Reserve. We are a registered society in the … Continue reading